Considered the highest recognition for Canadian architects and projects currently in the design and construction phases the 53rd annual Canadia Architect Awards of Excellence announces its 2020 winners. This year 132 entries were submitted and reviewed by the program jury.
The awards program shared that the entries themselves "show that Canadian architects are still amply producing innovative designs that are sensitive to their physical, social and environmental contexts."
View this year's winners in all five categories and select project images below.
2020 CANADIAN ARCHITECT AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
- Taza Water Reservoir at Taza Park Phase 1, by Zeidler Architecture
- Calgary Japanese Community Association, by Modern Office of Design and Architecture in collaboration with Henry Tsang Architect
- CAMH Research Centre by KPMB Architects, TreanorHL
- Wardell by Ja Architecture Studio
- Expansion of the Théâtre du Nouveau Monde, by Saucier+Perrotte Architectes
- Place des Montréalaises by Lemay + Angela Silver + SNC-Lavalin
2020 CANADIAN ARCHITECT AWARDS OF MERIT
- 90 Alexander by 5468796
- University of Toronto Koffler Scientific Reserve by Montgomery Sisam Architects Inc.
- Théâtre de Verdure by Lemay
- Shefford Primary School by Pelletier de Fontenay + Leclerc Architectes
- Boston University, Center for Computing & Data Sciences by KPMB Architects
2020 CANADIAN ARCHITECT STUDENT AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
- Machine Ecologies by Sarah Klym, University of British Columbia
- Unsettling Ground by Jason McMillan, University of Waterloo
- Milton Park as Found by John Jinwoo Han, McGill University
2020 CANADIAN ARCHITECT PHOTO AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
- Massey Hall Dance Floor by Salina Kassam
2020 CANADIAN ARCHITECT PHOTO AWARDS OF MERIT
- Wellington (concrete) by Lisa Stinner-Kun
- La Maison Hatley by James Brittain
- Espace Sud, Pavillon Lassonde by Félix Michaud
Award-winning projects will be featured in the December issue of Canadian Architect. To learn more about the winners and their projects click here.
Comment as :