The Design Educates Awards has unveiled the winners of their 2023 edition. The annual award seeks to “recognize the best projects that respond to complex social and environmental contexts and carry educational value.”
The 2023 edition sought entries that delivered a lasting impact on users and the environment. The resulting projects were organized into categories comprising architectural design, product design, universal design, and responsive design.
“Although the educational layer still does not play a critical role in the design process, we are once again given proof that many architects and designers are genuinely driven by a desire to bring about change in their work,” the organizers said about the 2023 edition. “Year after year, we at the DEAwards, and the Jury Panel of the Awards are surprised by how many disciplines design can draw inspiration from and how much hope it can bring for a better tomorrow.”
Below, we have listed the winners and special recognitions for the architecture category of the awards.
Winner of the year 2023
Bat Trang Ceramic Community House by 1+1>2 Architects
Fjordenhus by Studio Other Spaces
- NONSPACE by On Architects Inc.
- PREMIER OFFICE by TROPICAL SPACE
- Greenhouse Home by Outline Arkitektur AS
- Blind School Classroom Make Over by Creative Crews
- Yazidi Refugee Community Center, Bersive Camp 2 by ABCD Collaborative / InSitu-Project / Vide Terra / Habibi International / HIS Foundation / MedEast / Catalytic Action
- A story of 14,858 tiles by KOSHISH
- Venice Biennale 2014: Elements of Architecture / Venice Biennale 2014: Fundamentals by OMA
- Pure Power/Daily Combat Strategy for Water Collection by Hong-En, Lin
- SuperHub Meerstad by De Zwarte Hond
- FFB Convent by Mixtura Studio
- Bayfront Pavilion by SUTD Advanced Architecture Laboratory
Ressurrection Chapel by LP architektur ZT GmbH
A full list of honored entries can be found on the award’s official website.
Comment as :