Shimahara Visual is hosting an online panel discussion on Wednesday, July 19th, 2023, which will examine the impact of generative AI on architectural visualization. Titled Inflection Point, the discussion will feature a range of designers, artists, and commentators, including Archinect contributing writer Niall Patrick Walsh.
The 90-minute long free-to-view discussion will “consider the ways that generative AI impacts, hinders, or helps the future of the architectural visualization industry.” The event’s title, Inflection Point, is defined as “a time of significant change in a situation; a turning point.”
The panelists for the discussion are:
- Dennis Allain (CEO of computational design company EvolveLAB)
- Bill Allen (Architect and illustrator)
- Sherif Tarabishy (Associate Partner, Foster + Partners’ Applied R+D group)
- Paul Trillo (Multidisciplinary artist, writer, and director)
- Niall Patrick Walsh (Architect and contributing writer, Archinect)
- Britta Wikholm (Art Director and Founder, Visulent AB)
Since May 1st, Walsh has led the ongoing Archinect In-Depth: Artificial Intelligence series, which is exploring the broad and multi-faceted relationship between artificial intelligence and the design, construction, and operation of the built environment. In May, Walsh spoke with fellow panelist Sherif Tarabishy alongside his Foster + Partner colleagues and Boston Dynamics as part of the feature article ‘New Dog, New Tricks: Reflections on Construction, Robotics, and Artificial Intelligence.’
The event begins on Wednesday, July 19th at 13:00 EDT. Free tickets can be booked via Eventbrite here.
This article is part of the Archinect In-Depth: Artificial Intelligence series.
Comment as :