By Justine Testado|
Thursday, Aug 22, 2019
From colorful seesaws to an immersive “forest” of light, the installations of the 2019 International Garden Festival have transformed the historic Reford Gardens in Grand-Métis, Quebec into a colorful playground that is open to all. For its 20th edition, the Festival's “Terrains de jeu” theme encourages its visitors to take some time to get outdoors and interact with nature.
This year's call for proposals attracted 154 submissions from 28 countries, and the jury ultimately selected six installations to be realized. If you'll be visiting the Reford Gardens anytime soon, the International Garden Festival is open now through October 6.
Here's a look at the “Terrains de jeu” installations!
Le dernier petit cochon by APPAREIL Architecture – Montréal (Québec) Canada
Dirt Ground by Silvia Bachetti & Agnese Casadio – Bologna, Italy
Making Waves by Ted Kesik, Cornel Campbell, Thevishka Kanishkan, Reesha Morar & Anton Skorishchenko – Toronto (Ontario) Canada
The Colours of Métis by SOWATORINI Landshaft [Sébastien Sowa & Gianluca Torini] & sevengardens [Isabelle Smolin] – Berlin & Essen, Germany
Forêt by Mathilde Leveau & Ronan Virondaud – Québec (Québec) Canada
Ici et ailleurs by José Luis Torres – Montmagny (Québec) Canada
The 2019 Festival is also exhibiting extra-mural installations in Montreal and in public venues near the gardens:
- Roof Line Garden II by Julia Jamrozik, Coryn Kempster (Buffalo, United States) on the rooftop of the Musée de la civilisation in Quebec City.
- Champs de mémoire by Dominique Blain (Montréal, Québec), Canada on the place De La Dauversière in Old Montréal, in collaboration with the Château Ramezay – Museum and historic site of Montreal
- Souvent me souviens by Deborah Nagan, London, United Kingdom, in Ste-Flavie
- Bascule by Cédule 40, Saguenay (Québec), Canada, in Mont-Joli
- Passe-moi un sapin Rita by Rita Studio, Montréal (Québec), Canada in Parc Montcalm, Montréal
Look back at previous International Garden Festival installations here.
Comment as :