Now in its fourth year, the ASA International Design Competition is one of the annual programs the Association of Siamese Architects Royal Patronage organizes. The international competition aims to be a stage for architects and designers to showcase their creativity. To correspond with the theme "Living Green" of the exposition, the theme of this competition is titled "Uncanny Sustainability."
Competition this year is dedicated to fresh ideas in sustainability – approaches so radical, unanticipated, and transformative they earn the epithet ‘uncanny’.
"Uncanny sustainability" should open a route to the logical next steps in eco-friendly architecture : a built environment that is no longer human-centric but dedicated to the well-being of all living beings. Sustainable architecture has taken great strides in minimizing the consumption of energy and other resources, but great challenges remain and they demand bold responses.
What is an "Uncanny" solution?
These solutions are:
- vital to capture the public imagination, igniting passion for re-conceiving homes and cities.
- essential to shift the paradigm from human- to world-centric thinking for the environment where man is in true harmony with the rest of nature.
- critical to find big ideas that accelerate change – accessible, holistic solutions with broad applications.
The challenge is therefore to present ideas that surprise and – like any ‘uncanny’ event – challenge our assumptions and widen our views of what is possible. The judges will reward entries that provide this shock of fresh possibilities, whether by their challenge to conventions, their transformative potential, or their capacity to inspire.
- Official announcement of competition: January 30, 2019
- Online submission for competition begins: January 30, 2019
- Deadline for submissions: April 5, 2019
- Announcement of shortlisted entries: April 12, 2019
- Finalists judging session: May 3, 2019
- Announcement of awarded entries: May 4, 2019
REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION
- Registration is free.
- Register and submit online at www.asacompetition.com.
- Open to students, architects, urban planners, designers, artists and thinkers.
- Submit as an individual or as a team,
- No restrictions on age, gender or nationality.
- No limits on the number of submissions.
- Work cannot be earlier published elsewhere.
- Submission cannot be built work or completed projects.
- The entrant should have legal rights and copyrights to all the material submitted. If the project contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, the submission shall be excluded from any consideration. If it is later known that rights have been violated, the prize and award will be recalled.
- The copyright of the project belongs to the entrant.
- All materials submitted maybe displayed and/or published at the discretion of The Association of Siamese Architects under Royal Patronage.
For competition registration click here.
Click here to learn more about the design competition details.
RELATED COMPETITION ASA International Design Competition 2019
Comment as :