The North American Copper in Architecture Awards announces this year's winning projects in three categories: New Construction, Restoration, and Custom Fabrication. Now in its 16th edition, the Copper Development Association (CDA) recognizes 19 projects across the U.S. and Canada that have highlighted the beauty of copper not only in aesthetics but practical application and adaptability.
Larry Peters, project manager at CDA, shared, "This year’s winners applied the beauty of copper to a wide variety of building types. Copper fulfills an amazing variety of practical and aesthetic functions. The work of these architects and building professionals shows why copper’s adaptability sets the highest standard for sustainable roofs, cornices, cladding, wall systems, and decorative ornamentation."
Explore winners from each category below.
New Construction Category
- The University of Denver Community Commons in Denver, Colorado by Moore Ruble Yudell Architects & Planners with executive architects Anderson Mason Dale Architects, featuring metal construction by Douglass Colony Group
- 3131 CBR in Washington, D.C.by David Jameson Architect, Inc., with construction by Metal Specialties, Inc.
- Burwell Center for Career Achievement in Denver, Colorado by Lake | Flato Architects with executive architects Shears Adkins Rockmore Architects (SAR+), featuring construction by Roof Check, Inc.
- Dairy Market in Charlottesville, Virginia by Cunningham | Quill Architects, featuring Zahner custom pre-patinated copper fabricated into wall panels by IMETCO
- DNA Alpine House in San Miguel County, Colorado by CCY Architects with metal work by Stone Ridge Roofing and Siding
- Grinnell College Humanities and Social Studies Center in Grinnell, Iowa Page by Southerland Page, Inc., with metal work by Exterior Sheet Metal, Inc.
- Center for the Arts in Crested Butte, Colorado by Steinberg Hart with metalwork by Black Dragon Development
- U.S. Naval Academy Chapel in Annapolis, Maryland by BELL Architects, PC, with metal work by Prospect Waterproofing Company and CopperCraft
- Gould Memorial Library, at Bronx Community College in the Bronx, New York by architects Beyer Blinder Belle Architects and Planners LLP with restoration and fabrication work by Nicholson & Galloway, Inc., and Heather + Little Ltd.
- Cathedral of Saint John the Divine in New York, New York by Ennead Architects with construction by Nicholson & Galloway, Inc.
- Dawson College Kindergarten in Montréal, Québec by TLA Architects and contractor Toitures Trois Étoiles
- Martin County Courthouse in Fairmont, Minnesota by architects ISG with construction by Renaissance Historic Exteriors
- Saint-Hyacinthe Public Market in Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec by Affleck de la Riva architectes, with metal construction by Couverture Montréal Nord
- Studio Building in Portland, Oregon by Hennebery Eddy Architects, Inc., with metal work by Harder Mechanical Contractors
- Heritage Hall in Vancouver, British Columbia by McGinn Engineering & Preservation with metal construction by Grist Slate & Tile Roofing, Inc.
Custom Fabrication Category
- Engineering Research Lab at Virginia Commonwealth University by Goody Clancy and Baskervill with metal construction by Tektonics Design Group
- University College in Toronto, Ontario, designed by KOHN SHNIER and ERA Architects, Inc., in association, featuring copper cladding by Cladco Limited
- Private monument in Falls Church, Virginia, with metal construction by Wiemann Metalcraft and project management by Coldspring
- IT Gym in Arlington Heights, Illinois, with metal fabrication by Sheet Metal Werks, Inc.
Comment as :