Young Architects Competitions is calling for submissions to their latest contest, Green Academy. Architects, designers, and students worldwide are invited to propose a design concept for DISMECO, a leading European company in electrical equipment disposal and recycling that is aiming to building its first school dedicated to the culture of ecology and sustainability. With the ongoing global concern of climate change, this competition is one more creative outlet that contributes to such a necessary discussion.
Entrants will have to figure out how to inventively transform a 5,000 square-meter former paper factory facility into a state-of-the-art school, which will focus on teaching research, training and development of sustainable disciplines. DISMECO envisions the school as an experiential centre for children and a business incubator for environmentally-friendly start-ups.
Sign up now! The final submission deadline is August 1, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. GMT. The top-winning entries will share €20,000 in cash prizes.
The jury features:
- Mario Cucinella (MC ARCHITECTS)
- Valerie Mulvin (MCCULLOUGHMULVIN STUDIO)
- Ippolito Pestellini (OMA)
- Agostino Ghirardelli (LIBESKIND STUDIO)
- Nicola Pizzoli (UNINDUSTRIA)
- Claudio Tedeschi (DISMECO)
- Alessandro Marata (C.N.A.P.P.C.)
- Riccardo Gulli (UNIBO – University of Bologna)
- Alessandra Bonoli (DICAM)
Further competition info here.
Comment as :