- € 20.000 cash prizes and 1 year subscription CASABELLA. Awarded proposals will be internationally exhibited and published on architectural magazines and websites.
- More about the contest: http://www.youngarchitectscompetitions.com/competi...
Only few settings can boast the charm of a desert island. From Mompracem to Robinson Crusoe, the island is a place of adventure, exile and shipwreck. Failure and salvation at the same time – the place of the unconscious before being a real geographic site – an island is the place where people challenge themselves getting used to silence and nature, face amazing challenges.
In one of the most charming places in the world, a few kilometers far from San Marco’s bell tower in Venice, a fascinating authentic island skimmed by waters, emerges shyly: Poveglia.
Despite its area extent and beauty that mark the difference between Poveglia and the other lagoon islands, over the last years this incomparable gemstone had to undergo, a disastrous decline. Without any connection to the mainland, abandoned for almost 50 years, today in Poveglia a thick vegetation has grown wild affecting every cultivation and crushing every architecture.
Venice has never completely forgotten Poveglia, but its citizens stopped visiting the island over time has become a natural setting for the grimmest tales and fantastic rumors. But, this situation will soon change. The Italian Government – the owner of the estate – has lately put a spotlight on Poveglia, in order to make a reuse of the island possible.
In the wake of this purpose, YAC launches University Island, a project to transform Poveglia into a dream university campus; a place of training, leisure and relax for the many students gathering in Venice.
- Peter Cook - CRAB STUDIO, London
- Patrick Lüth – SNOHETTA, Innsbruck
- Iannis Kandyliaris – BIG, New York
- Alessandro Marata – C.N.A.P.P.C., Bologna
- Francesco Dal Co – CASABELLA, Milan
- Alberto Ferlenga – IUAV, Venice
- Andrea Boeri – UNIBO, Bologna
- Pierluigi Cervellati –STUDIO CERVELLATI E ASSOCIATI, Bologna
- Francesca Graziani – AGENZIA DEL DEMANIO, Roma
- 7th March 2016 – start
- 15th June 2016 - material submission deadline
- 29th July 2016 – results announcement
1 A1 panel + 1 A3 booklet required
€ 20.000 cash prizes and 1 year subscription CASABELLA. Awarded proposals will be internationally exhibited and published on architectural magazines and websites.
More information about the contest:
Contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Comment as :