Changdong-Sanggye area is one of the 7 major regional center of Seoul. However, it has the lowest and weakest employment base and industrial concentration. Since 2017, Seoul is trying to revitalize the region as the key center of the north-east region, by connecting public administrative services around Changdong and Nowon Metro Station area, and providing cultural complex, start-up facility, multi-transit center, specialized industry base and business support service in the area.
‘Changdong-Sanggye Start-up and Culture Industry Complex’, as a part of the efforts, is invested and funded by the government to create public value in the area, and throughout this project, it would be a leading center for start-ups and cultural contents in Changdong-Sanggye area.
With International Competition, we would like to see the suggestions that would boost the development in Changdong·Sanggye area. ‘Changdong·Sanggye Start-up and Culture Industry Complex’ should be a landmark in the area. Considering other nearby projects, suggested ideas should link the public features of its surrounding, more harmoniously and more flexibly, to vitalize the area. Also, the programmes of the complex should be composed multi-dimensionally, vertically and organically, to perform well within the city, with the nearby transportation infrastructure.
Based on the forthcoming Multi-transit Center, and together with the currently building ‘Changdong · Sanggye 50+ Campus’ and upcoming ‘K-POP Arena’ project, ‘Changdong·Sanggye Start-up and Culture Industry Complex’ will be a new leading cultural base in north-east region of Seoul.
Changdong·Sanggye Start-up and Culture Industry Complex
International Design Competition
Professional Advisor Shin Chun Gyu
- Notification Stage-1 : 25th Jan, 2018
- Registration : 26th Jan, 2018 – 21st Feb, 2018
- Submission : 23th Feb, 2018 (10:00 ~ 17:00 (UTC+9))
- Evaluation : 28th Feb, 2018
- Result : 5th Mar, 2018
*This Design Competition is composed of two stages, Open competition (Stage 1) and Invited Competition (Stage 2)
- Title : ChangdongㆍSanggye Start-up and Culture Industry Complex International Design Competition
- Site Area : 10,746㎡
- Usage : Business facility, Retail facility, Cultural facility, Residential facility, Public Parking
- Competition Process : 2 stages of Design competition and pre-nominated (invited) Design competition
- Design Cost : 3,949,946,000 KRW (Design Development) and approx. 700 million KRW(Design Management)
- Estimated construction cost : approx. 2,600 billion KRW
Domestic and foreign experts from all related fields, such as architecture, urban design, landscape and etc.
※ Please refer to the Design Guidelines for detailed informations.
– Selection team : three(3) teams
– Granting a Stage 2 nomination
The Urban Space Improvement Bureau at Seoul Metropolitan Government +82-2-2133-7619
Professional Advisor Committee Chairman : Chun Gyu, Shin
Industry Academic-Cooperation Foundation, Chung-Ang University(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Official Competition Homepage : http://project.seoul.go.kr
Comment as :