INTERNATIONAL URBAN DESIGN COMPETITION FOR THE GWANGMYEONG - SIHEUNG PUBLIC HOUSING DISTRICT
Registration Deadline: Monday, Feb 20, 20235 PMJST
Submission Deadline: Thursday, Apr 20, 20233 PMJST
1. Background and Purpose of the Competition
● We intend to turn the Gwangmyeong-Siheung Public Housing District (the “District”) into a more futuristic urban town that provides its residents with more jobs, better housing and transportation, as well as more eco-friendly and safer environment. To this end, we launched this Competition to select the best proposal with a great urban master plan and implementation strategies for a multi-dimensional urban space planning for the specialty areas.
● Through this Competition, we plan to come up with the most promising draft of urban master plan exclusively devised for the District to enrich the project site with a great theme, symbolic significance and artistry, tapping into diverse and creative ideas.
2. Project Site: Gwangmyeong-Siheung Public Housing District in Rep. of Korea
● An entity shall have all qualifications in the fields of urban planning, landscape, architecture and ICT (Information and communications technology), and can participate individually or jointly.
● An entity can participate in the competition only as a member of one team; dual participation is not permissble. The representative of a participation team should be a Korean entity.
● A team for the joint participation shall have no more than six different members.
4. Schedule (Korea standard time, GMT+9)
● Registration: 10:00 Friday, February 10, 2023 ~ 17:00 Monday, February 20, 2023
● Submission: 10:00-15:00 Thursday, April 20th, 2023
● Announcement of the Results: (TBA) During April, 2023
● 1st prize (1 team) : Right to take on the Project to Design the Master Plan for the Gwangmyeong-Siheung Public Housing District (about KRW 16.9 billion) and serve as the Master Planner in the project
● First Runner-up (up to 1 team) : KRW 100,000,000
● Third Runner-up (up to 2 teams) : KRW 70,000,000 each
* For more information, please visit the official website (http://www.lh-urbandesign.org).
dorhu · Feb 11, 23 11:37 PMThis is a typical false 'International" competition.
Even majority of Korean architects are not allowed to join.
Only for the few conglomerates team.
Don't waste your time.
Comment as :