Incheon Metropolitan City intends to create a place where city, architecture, and nature can harmonize through the cultural experience of citizens by establishing “Incheon Museumpark”, a cultural park complex including a museum and an art museum.
Incheon, where a port and Incheon International Airport are located, has grown as a gateway city to Korea. As the city of Haebulyangsu (海不讓水, The sea refuses no river), Incheon has a unique locality where diverse cultures coexist. The Incheon Museumpark project will provide an excellent opportunity for Incheon's architectural and urban history by spatially materializing Incheon's identity in the international context and cultural dimension.
We believe that great architecture can embrace diverse cultures and values and illuminate and energize the surrounding urban environment in which it is rooted. Through the establishment of Incheon Museumpark, Incheon Metropolitan City intends to provide the driving force for the urban regeneration of Incheon's old industrial complex, to allow various visitors to experience healing through art experiences, and to create a landmark representing Incheon. To this end, Incheon Metropolitan City holds the “Incheon Museumpark International Design Competition” and expects creative and innovative ideas from outstanding architects at home and abroad.
- Location: Incheon, Korea
- Site Area : 41,170㎡
- Building Area: 41,812㎡
- Estimated Construction cost : KRW 134,852,000,000 (including VAT)
- Design Fee : KRW 8,607,871,000 (including VAT)
- Eui-sik In, Yunmi Architects (Korea)
- Hosoub Shin, SHIN architects (Korea)
- Hyuna Chung, DIA Architecture (Korea)
- Jürgen Hermann Mayer, J. MAYER.H (Germany)
- Kwangsoo Kim, Curtain Hall Architects (Korea)
- Peer Teglgaard Jeppesen, Henning Larsen (Denmark)
- Sang Hoon Youm, Yonsei University (Korea)
- Wonsuk Lee, W Architects (Korea, Reserve Juror)
Selection of Winners
- Winner (One entry): Awarding of Design Contract
- 2nd prize (One entry): KRW 40 million
- 3rd prize (One entry): KRW 30 million
- 4th prize (One entry): KRW 20 million
- 5th prize (One entry): KRW 10 million
Comment as :