1. Background and purpose of the competition
Due to safety concerns, the oil stockpile was moved when the 2002 World Cup Stadium was built, and was closed once the oil reserves were transferred in November 2000. The area has remained closed for more than 10 years, because an appropriate use for the land has not yet been found.
The reserve is located in Sangam, which is an area of regeneration that gives back to both nature and citizens. It was once an abandoned mountain of waste, but now stands as a state-of-the-art city that leads the future of Seoul. Sangam has achieved a communication and co-existence between people and nature.
As the Sangam DMC takes steps to balance its composition, the oil reserve base, "a relic of the industrial era", has the potential to increase the DMC’s value.
As Sangam’s last remnant of land, the oil reserve base will be returned to the citizens through the ideas of students and professionals who reflect the meaning and value of the land, and regenerate the space to meet this new era’s core values of environment & ecology and sustainable future.
2. Competition Site
- Location: San 53-1, Sungsan-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Area: 263,000㎡ (green space 227,788㎡, parking lot 35,212㎡)
- Present condition: the competition site is located on the northern end of Haneul Park and west of the 2002 World Cup Stadium. Five empty storage tanks are buried in the green space where the parking lot is located.
- Registration & Submission: May 27 ~ August 23, 2013
- Submission deadline: August 23, 2013 17:00(online)
- Evaluation by the jury: August 24 ~ August 30, 2013
- Announcement of the winner: September, 2013
- Exhibition: October 1 ~ October 7, 2013
* Note: All listed times and dates are subject to change. Updated schedules will be announced on the website.
- 1st prize(1 projects) : USD 10,000 & Certificate of award
- 2nd prize(2 projects) : USD 5,000 & Certificate of award
- 3rd prize(3 projects) : USD 2,000 & Certificate of award
- Honorable mention(5 projects) : USD 1,000 & Certificate of award
- Accepted(within 10 projects) : Certificate of award
5. Official website
- For more detailed information, please visit official website(http://wow.seoul.go.kr) and click “Competition”
- Click banners at http://www.seoul.go.kr, http://urban.seoul.go.kr
- Further information of the competition will be on the official website(http://wow.seoul.go.kr)
The official contacts for the competition are as follows:
[Public Development Center, Seoul Metropolitan Government] email@example.com
[Department of Urban Planning, Seoul Institute] firstname.lastname@example.org
- All the notice will be announced through http://wow.seoul.go.kr
Comment as :