The longlist is out for this year's RIBA Manser Medal for Best New House in the UK. Established in 2001 to honor former RIBA President and notable home designer Michael Manser CBE, the Manser Medal is awarded to the best new house design by a UK-based architect.
This year's longlist showcases 23 UK-based private homes or major extension that exhibit innovation, sustainability, and style and were completed within the past year.
Check out some of of this year's projects and the complete longlist below.
The full longlist of the Manser Medal 2014 for Best New Home:
- Lens House by Alison Brooks Architects
- Luker House by Jamie Forbert Architects
- Tree House by 6a Architects
- Woodblock House by dRMM Architects
- High Edge by Evans Vettori
- Quarn House by Simon Foote Architects
- New Barn by Rural Office for Architecture
- Stormy Castle by Loyn & Co. Architects
- Treetops by Howarth Litchfield Partnership
- The Arboretum by Cowper Griffith
- Broombank by SOUP Architects
- Private House by James Gorst Architects
- Wildfowl Cottage by 5th Studio
- Underbank House by Prue Chiles Architects
- The Kench by MELOY Architects
- Chalk Ridge by SCD Architects
- Farningham House Cottage by Emrys Architect
- Red Bridge House by Smerin Architects
- Wedge House by SOUP Architects
- Westering by Annie Martin Architect
- Loughloughan Barn by McGarry-Moon Architects
- Cliff House by Dualchas Architects
- House No.7 by Denizen Works
The jury featured Honorary President of Hiscox Robert Hiscox, Michael Manser CBE, Lady Patty Hopkins, 2013 Manser Medal recipient Carl Turner, and RIBA Head of Awards Tony Chapman.
We'll have to sit tight for the shortlist, which will be revealed on September 4. The winner will be announced during the RIBA Stirling Prize ceremony on October 16.
Comment as :