The American Institute of Architects has bestowed Honorary Fellowships on seven international architects for their achievements in the field of architecture. This year's honorable fellows are:
- Zvi Hecker of Zvi Hecker Architect (Germany)
- Ladislav Lábus of Ladislav Lábus AA - Architektonický Atelier (Czech Republic)
- Francisco Mangado of Mangado y Asociados, S.L. (Spain)
- Fernando Romero of FR-EE | Fernando Romero Enterprise (Mexico)
- Matthias Sauerbruch of Sauerbruch Hutton (Germany)
- Ben van Berkel of UNStudio (The Netherlands)
- Siegfried Zhiqiang Wu of Tongji University (China)
AIA Honorary Fellowship is bestowed on architects of esteemed character and distinguished achievements who are neither U.S. citizens nor U.S. residents, and who do not primarily practice architecture within the domain of the Institute.
The fellowship program was developed to elevate those architects who have made a significant contribution to architecture and society and who have achieved a standard of excellence in the profession. Election to fellowship not only recognizes the achievements of architects as individuals, but also their significant contribution to architecture and society on a national level.
The institute has also elevated 122 U.S. architects and AIA members to its College of Fellows - click here to see the full list of fellows.
The 2013 fellows will be honored at an investiture ceremony in June at the 2013 National AIA Convention and Design Exposition in Denver.
Comment as :