2017 UIA approved
Yisabu Dokdo Memorial Park International Competition
Samcheok city is in the administrative district of Gangwon Providence and it is a nodal area of tourism for the East coast of Korea. Historically, Yisabu, a general/administrator of Silla (one of the nations of ‘Three Kingdoms Period’ in the Korean Peninsula), launched in 512 A.D. his voyage to Usanguk (an island nation in East Coast of Korean Peninsula, now Ulleungdo and Dokdo). It is one of the important evidences showing that Dokdo is the territory of the Republic of Korea.
As a result, Samcheok city established a project to enhance Yisabu and exalted Yisabu as a representative figure of Samcheok city. Moreover, it has been promoting various projects to promote historical and cultural significance of incorporating Usanguk. In the meantime, it has been consistently suggested that information related to Yisabu should be conveyed through the creative and specialized space so that people can experience its symbolic meaning.
This is the background of
Formal examination of the entries
Announcement of results
2017.07.24. – 2017.08.17.
2017.07.24. - 2017.08.31.
2017.11.10. by person / 2017.11.16. by post 2017.11.17 - 2017.11.23
2017.11.24. - 2017.11.26.
▪ This competition is open to Korean and international professionals in architecture, urban planning / landscape, exhibition / interior design.
▪ There is no restriction on the number of team members, Professional team members can only participate in one team. Each team can enter one project.
▪ At the time of registration, one representative of the participants must be a domestic or foreign architect. In this case, the architect must maintain the qualification of the architect in accordance with the law of the relevant country at the time of registration and be able to prove it in writing or documents. The leader of the team must be an architect.
▪ The judges, the management committee members, the technical committee members of the competition, or the employees of those organizations cannot participate.
1st (1 entry): KRW 50,000,000 *(USD 43,516.10) + Design Contract (KRW 1,278,000,000(including VAT)) *(USD 1,112,271.54)
2nd (1 entry): KRW 30,000,000 *(USD 26,098.30)
3rd (2 entries): KRW 10,000,000 each *(USD 8,703.22)
Honorable mention (2 entries): KRW 5,000,000 each *(USD 4,351.61)
* Prize money may vary depending on the exchange rate on the payment date.
Byoung Keun Kang (Korea)
Jae Yong Lim (Korea)
Laurent Salomon (Franace)
Günther Vogt (Switzerland) : UIA Representative
Scott Findley(USA) : Deputy Jury
1. Fill out the registration form and register on the website.(http://www.yisabu.kr).
2. Once the registration is completed, you will receive a confirmation email from the competition committee.
1. Submissions Checklist
Use the form attached on the website, submit them in printed form.
2. Registration Form
Use the form attached, use the opaque envelope, the PIN number is displayed on it, and sealed (opened after final review).
3. Design Sheets
(3) sheets of A1 sized paper (landscape orientation)
4. Design Description
(2) sheets of A3 sized paper (portrait orientation)
5. Area Calculation
After completing of the area calculation form submit it in printed form.
6. USB Memory
Folder name: PIN number
Drawing Sheets (pdf, CMYK, 300dpi)
Design Description (pdf, CMYK, 300dpi)
Perspective Drawings, Sketches, Diagrams (jpeg, CMYK, 300dpi)
Written text of Design Description (Microsoft Word Document, only include plain text without pictures, tables and so on.)
City of Samcheok in Gangwon do
Jungang-ro 296, Samcheok City, Gangwon-do, Korea, 25914
Competition Organizer and Secretariat
DACC(Daegu Architectural Culture Confederation)
870, Gukchaebosang-ro, Suseong-gu, Daegu, Korea, 42012
Competition Website; www.yisabu.kr
Comment as :