The World Architecture Festival (WAF) has announced that this year’s event will take place at the Arena Berlin in Germany from 16-18 November.
Returning for its ninth edition, and following four successful years in Singapore, the Festival returns to its European roots and will be housed in Franz Ahrens’ historic former bus depot, now known as Arena Berlin.
WAF and its co-located sister event INSIDE World Festival of Interiors, will welcome more than 2,000 of the world’s leading architects and designers to the city for three days of conference programmes, awards, exhibitions and fringe events.
The German capital provides the perfect cultural backdrop for the world’s largest annual celebration of architecture. Berlin’s eclectic and constantly evolving cityscape owes much to the city’s turbulent history, and features an assortment of architectural styles, from Prussian Classicism through National Socialist design to Postmodernism, making it a fitting third host city for the Festival. The Festival will be taking advantage of this architecturally rich location by expanding its fringe programme, with tours and events planned across the city.
Entry deadline: 10 June (UPDATED!)
To enter: Go to www.worldarchitecturefestival.com/enter
Dates for your diary:
- 10 June (UPDATED!): entries close
- July: Shortlist announced
- 22 July: last day for finalists to buy Festival passes at discounted rate
- 16 – 17 November: category judging live at WAF in Berlin
- 18 November: Super-jury judging and overall winners announced live at WAF
Entry prices: Early bird rate: 875 EUR | Standard rate: 925 EUR. Receive a 15% discount when you submit three or more entries.
How to enter WAF 2016
1. Open your WAF account at worldarchitecturefestival.com/ enter now
2. Choose the category that you want to enter – remember you can enter a project into more than one category and there is no limit to the amount of categories that you can enter.
3. Tell us the details of your project, provide a project description and upload images and plans to support your entry.
4. Upload the artwork for your entry boards that will be used by the WAF judges to make their shortlisting decisions and be displayed at the Festival. We will print your entry boards.
5. You can save and come back to your entry at any stage. Once you have paid your entry fee online your entry is complete.
Download the full entry guide here: https://www.worldarchitecturefestival.com/resources/entry-guide-2016
The WAF awards are the only global awards where every shortlisted architect exchanges with and presents their project to a panel of expert judges
- Louisa Hutton: Sauerbruch Hutton
- Christina Seilern: Studio Seilern Architects
- Christine Murray: The Architectural Review
- Christoph Ingenhoven: Ingenhoven Architects
- Frederic Migayrou: The Bartlett
- Ole Scheeren: Buro Ole Scheeren
- Sanjay Puri: Sanjay Puri Architects
A selection of previous WAF winners:
RELATED COMPETITION World Architecture Festival 2016
For a taste of what to expect at WAF 2016, view last year’s highlights video.
RELATED NEWS World Architecture Festival 2015 - Day 1 category winners
Comment as :