Here's a friendly little reminder that the submission deadline for Fairy Tales 2016 is January 16, 2016. Mark those calendars!
First launched by Blank Space in 2014, the competition lets participants worldwide write their own architectural fairy tale narrative to explore and discuss real-world topics. Now that it's the Late Registration period, the entry fee is $75.
Read on for more info.
The 2016 jury includes a noteworthy list of individuals from architecture, design, storytelling, and business:
- Hans Ulrich Obrist (Co-Director of the Serpentine Galleries)
- Elizabeth Diller (Founding Partner of Diller Scofidio + Renfro)
- Allison Arieff (Editorial Director of SPUR)
- Bradford Shellhammer (Founder and CEO of Bezar)
- Daniel Simon (Concept and Car Designer)
- Dror Benshetrit (Founder of Dror)
- Sylvia Lavin (Director of Critical Studies in Architecture at UCLA)
- Cristina Goberna (Co-Founder of Fake Industries, Architectural Agonism)
- Aaron Betsky (Dean of the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture)
- Alexander Walter (Editor in Chief of Bustler; Editorial & Production Manager at Archinect)
- Robert McKee (Fulbright Scholar and Creative Writing Instructor)
- David Basulto (Founder and Editor in Chief of Archdaily)
- Becky Quintal (Executive Editor of Archdaily)
- Matthew Hoffman and Francesca Giuliani (Co-Founders, Blank Space)
To register and for further competition details, click here.
Comment as :