The Architectural Record has announced the 2023 recipients of its Women in Architecture Design Leadership Awards. The tenth edition of the “only awards program in the United States recognizing and promoting notable women in the field,” the award recognizes six individuals for their contributions across practice and academia.
The winners were chosen by a jury panel comprising past award recipients Stella Betts, Julie Eizenberg, and Claire Weisz, alongside Jaklitsch / Gardner Architects principal Mark Gardner and critic Christopher Hawthorne. In a break from the usual awards format, the 2023 jury panel did not allocate winners based on individual sub-categories.
The six award recipients are:
- Anne Marie Duvall Decker: Co-founder, Duvall Decker
- Rosalie Genevro: Executive Director, The Architectural League of New York (1985–2023)
- Andrea Leers and Jane Weinzapfel: Principals, Leers Weinzapfel Associates
- Julie Snow: Design Principal & CEO, Snow Kreilich Architects
- Dr. Sharon Egretta Sutton | Distinguished Visiting Professor, Parsons School of Design
The six recipients will be honored at an awards ceremony held on October 27th in New York City. More information on the awards series can be found via The Architectural Record here.
RELATED NEWS Meet the recipients of the Architectural Record's 2021 Women in Architecture Awards
RELATED NEWS Here are the winners of the 2020 Women in Architecture Awards
RELATED NEWS Architectural Record's 2019 Women in Architecture Awards Winners Announced
Comment as :